New Year, New Resolution?
Tips for taking care of your skin while exercising!
What is your New Year’s resolution? I bet I can guess! Exercise more and eat better? Right? Right!
Well, let’s talk exercise. By sticking to that resolution, you are doing your skin a big favor. Along with the kidneys and liver, the skin is one of your body’s tools for ridding itself of toxins. Exercise helps us do just that. It gives the glands a workout too, helping the skin get rid of the impurities that can clog pores or cause breakouts. So most important, don’t forget to wash that beautiful face after exercising!
Radiance Rules for Exercising & Skin Care
- Don’t wear make-up while exercising! We all want to look lovely at the gym, but it’s more important to keep the dirt, sweat and make-up from creating the perfect storm of bacteria on our lovely faces!
- Always wash your face immediately after working out. If you can’t, keep a good astringent such as Cosmedix Purity Balance in your bag along with a few cotton balls. In a pinch, you can use this to clean off that post-work out sweat.
- If you have heat-related rosacea, try interval training that doesn’t keep you running full speed for long periods. Swimming may also be a good choice since the water will keep you cool for your entire work-out.
- We love to get outdoors to run and bike when the weather is nice and crisp in January. Don’t forget a good sunscreen, even on cools days. We love SkinMedica Total Defense and Repair, which is packed with healing antioxidants.
- Keep moving! Find something fun and keep doing it. Your mental, physical, emotional, and now your aesthetic health depend on it. Just think, next year you will have to come up with brand new resolutions!
- Contact us to schedule a visit with one of our skincare experts in our Radiance day spa. 281-367-4700